You Reap What You Sow

Hi, Stutterers! This blog is about the PERKS OF BEING ME.

Recent events have made me write this one and I thought - it deserves to be written.

"What is it like to be you?"

I know my friends or even people who just simply know me have asked this question in their mind but never actually asked me.

Let me ask back the same question to you, what is it like to be you?

Pause for a moment and contemplate... (contemplate = think about profoundly.... profoundly = deeply) /naks! You learned a new word! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜/

Pause for a moment and think about it deeply, what is it like to be you?



What does it feel to be like me?

One afternoon, as I walk down the hill from school, I saw my classmate - or it's more likely... my classmate saw me. He was riding a motorcycle (I know it wasn't his) and offered me a ride home.

That struck me.

Before I actually made my mind, I had found myself riding behind him. It seems that I took his offer instantly even I don't usually take such offers (because I pride myself so much that I can manage myself). But that case was an exception.

I didn't ask. I was about to ride a tricycle when he saw me. His simple offer meant a lot to me.

Upon our travel, I asked him where he was supposed to go and whose motorbike he was using. He was going to make an errand and the motorbike was his relative's. Having learnt that, he could only have greeted me and just continue but he chose to offer a ride and to drop me to my house. I was grateful. I really was.

I realized that the reason why I took his offer is I didn't want to reject him. His mere act of kindness doesn't only tell a lot about the person he is - but also tells something about the person I am to him. I am kind to him as far as I'm concerned, I know I have helped him with so many things, and I believe I have given him a decent treatment. And I suppose that is how he repays me. Because I know he wouldn't do the same to others. I know he would just greet them and continue, or worse he would just pass by them. I know he would not offer a ride if it wasn't me. I have ascertained this.

I didn't reject him because... you don't reject people who only want to repay your kindness in any way they can. You don't reject people who express their debt of gratitude to you.


You pride yourself too much, Ace!

No, I don't. I don't pride myself too much. I don't think highly of myself. I guess it's the people who think so highly of me. (Is it my fault if that's the way they think of me? šŸ˜• )

I'm an observer and I learn a lot of things from observing.

When I walk along the school hallway, people would make way for me.
When I fall in line, people would make me go first.
When I wait for others to finish their purchases, people would let me interrupt them so I can purchase what I want to buy.

Those are only some of the observations I noticed lately which I also learned they wouldn't do for other ordinary people (Does this mean I am extraordinary? šŸ˜†). They aren't usually like that; they are like that because of me. They become like that as soon as they see my presence or once they feel it. Here's more:

When I start speaking, people would put their attention to me.
When I enter the room, people would notice my presence and behave decently.
When I stand up in front, people would lend me their eyes and ears.

This is how intimidating I become... ah wrong! This is the impact I induce to people. Aside from getting intimidated by me (which I didn't intend to), I suppose people respect me.

However, that's not always the case.

People didn't always make way for me every time they see me passing.
People didn't always make me go first every time they see me in line.
People didn't always make me interrupt them every time they see me buying.
People wouldn't always put their attention to me when I want to speak to them.
People wouldn't always notice my presence and behave accordingly when I just enter the room.
People wouldn't always lend me their eyes and ears when I stand up in front of them.
People wouldn't always do these things, but they will always respect me.

People have always respected me as I have always respected them.

LAW OF RECIPROCITY.

I am grateful for the perks I could get from being me. They highly regard me as someone respectable. They see me as someone with knowledge. They consider the power of my authority.


Do people greet you every morning and every time you pass them by?
Do people talk to you respectfully and use "kuya" and "po" and "opo"?
Do people treat you the way you want to be treated?

Do they? 


I am grateful for every privilege I get in just being me. Is it true that you truly reap what you sow?
Are these the consequences of my actions? Well, it seems they are. These are the consequences of my actions. These are the perks of being me. I won't explain why people treat me like that, or should I?

Those who truly know me and who have been with  me for quite some time would already know the answer as to why people treat me the way they do.

My value is this - treat people the way you want to be treated. THE GOLDEN RULE. LAW OF RECIPROCITY. PRINCIPLE OF KARMA. or whatever you call it.

I know not all of you may agree with me, but it's just it. That's how I live my life.

My friends would wonder why younger fellows use po and opo in talking to me but do not use these polite terms in talking to them. (Not that my friends do not deserve respect)

This is how I prove that respect is earned not given.

But hey, will you ask me if I want to be treated that way? First of all, I didn't ask any of it.

I didn't ask them to make way for me every time I walk.
I didn't ask them to prioritize me every time I fall in line.
I didn't ask them to let me go first every time I buy.
I didn't ask them to greet me every time they see me.
I didn't ask them to behave accordingly. They do it themselves.
I didn't ask for their attention. They gave it to me.

This is the perks of being me. This is the treatment I get from people. This is what it feels to be like me.

But I also think this treatment has something to do with social status - with my stature.

I rank first in class; I have always topped the class. Does this affect the treatment I receive? Well, I'm gonna talk about that in my next blog, so watch out. I'll update this blog with the link.

My Stature as a Student

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of BaƱamos Festival of Los BaƱos, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

To the girl who caught my attention,

TULA: Diona-Tanaga-Haiku