A Yard Away

Have you ever been in a situation wherein you thought you'd die? Have you experienced any incident that you could have been into a serious tragedy? Have you encountered any life-threatening scenarios? No matter how minor or catastrophic it is, you absolutely asked yourself, "what if it actually killed me?" Were you ready to die at that very moment? Are you? 

I experienced an incident just today, while I am traveling somewhere to have my hair cut. Something happened; something that left me asking what would have happened? 

Am I ready to die? I have just discovered that I am not ready to - not just yet. I haven't thought of that actually. I have never asked myself that seriously... if am I ready to? 

I could not explain the feeling. I cannot find the words to properly articulate my sentiments. My mind's bombarded by thoughts and what-ifs. What could have happened? What would have happened? Could I make it? Would I survive it? 

This has become a great eye-opener for me. Indeed, accidents can happen anytime, anywhere to anyone. Who am I to be spared from mishaps? 

The memory is still fresh; it has just happened this afternoon. I won't tell you what, I'll just leave it there, making you guess. Have you ever been a yard away from death itself? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Pagpapayaman sa Kultura at Wikang Filipino

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01