Nightmare

I don’t know where to start. I had a dream, a nightmare. It’s a nightmare and it creeps the hell outta me. Yea, I’m scared. I know that I don’t really have to share this but something just urges me to write it. I also want to prevent experiencing de ja vu or to be prepared in the future so let me write my dream.

First night in my dream

Our bed was still a double-deck. My brother is sleeping under while I’m on the top. (I can’t really determine the exact image of my dream. I can’t; maybe because it wasn’t a lucid dreaming. I couldn’t repeat that image when I was in sleep. If you’re confused, I may repeat a certain dream when I’m in that state. Maybe you’re not familiar with it but to those who can relate, you can understand me.)

Back to my brother, he stated that there was a little girl in his bed when he got in. I can’t remember where I was when he said that. I can’t also remember the exact position of the both of us. (That’s all I can recall for the first night).

Second Night

(Right now, such details are starting to fade out of my mind. I know that our minds tend to forget our dreams after ten minutes from waking up. Correct me if I’m wrong.)

My brother had a dream. He stated 3 men in our room. (I’m having goosebumps right now. Given the fact that the setting of my dream is exactly in our house and specifically in my current room where I sleep. Damn!)

I also had a dream. I saw a little girl, wearing a white dress, sitting in the corner of my brother’s bed. Her dark hair was covering her entire face, leaving only some skin of her forehead and right eye. It’s creepy to see someone on the bed of my brother slash under my bed. I concluded that it was the little girl that my brother saw and it really made me to be more frightened.

(Again, the details are not as accurate as what I had dreamed. These are only what I could remember.)

Third night

Before this, I’m preparing to see the three men, like when I saw the little girl that my brother saw. I’m expecting these 3 men because I already saw what my brother saw the other night. (Redundant na yung verb -.-)

(Wait! I remember something. My brother added that the man was 32 years old but he didn’t mention which of the three.)

I set my bed and was ready to sleep.

(One of the reasons I want to write this is to have a copy of my memory. So if I’ll experience de ja vu /I hope not to happen/, I can recall it. But the tricky part of my dream is; it doesn’t suit the current set-up of my room and I’m sure that it won’t suit the set-up of the room in the future. We’re still sleeping on a double-deck bed which happened to be our bed when we were still kids. Therefore, my dream was not in the present nor will be in the future, it’s in the past. This reduces the stress in my mind because I don’t have to worry that much in such –de ja vu in the future.

There’s another thing that still keeps me thinking even though I have already concluded something above; what was our age in our dream? I can’t see myself. I can only see through POV shot but I can feel that I’m younger. I feel it. Also, my brother is also a little younger than his age today. I just feel it. And another weird thing is -I can’t see my brother’s face. I could only see his body and the shirt he’s wearing and the remaining was a blank black. This adds stress to my mind. )

Going back to the third night, I was already asleep and I’m starting to feel something. After some time, I saw 3 men at the corners of our room. They are standing still. I couldn’t see their appearance because the room is dark and the lights are off but I can see their figure. I’m sure it’ a human figure and they are males. I knew that these are the three men that my brother shared. (I’m dreaming at that moment but I woke up. Actually, I didn’t wake up; I woke up inside my dream. It’s hard to explain; - I’m dreaming in my dream/ another dream inside my dream.) After I woke up, I had a day, a typical day. Then night came and I have to sleep. I know that I would be dreaming when I sleep in my dream, so based from my own dream, this was the third “layer or level”, or the dream inside the dream of my dream. I hope you can comprehend. In that dream, it’s a lucid dream. I can feel myself lying on my bed, sleeping. I know that I’m inside my room and I can feel the surroundings. In other words, it’s a lucid dream.

Suddenly, I felt that my leg was hanging at the side of the deck. And before knowing it, I realize that something (someone) is pulling my leg down. (I’m having great goosebumps right now because I can recall the exact image; it’s considerably the climax of my whole dream!) I’m in a lucid dreaming state; my mind is awake but my body was asleep. I didn’t open my eyes to confirm what’s really going on. I just feel it and I know it. After a moment, I decided to wake up my body and to open my eyes because I’m starting to feel pain. Someone was really dragging my leg down. I got the courage to look down to check who’s pulling and why is (he) doing that. The f***, someone is really pulling my leg. It isn’t my brother and I’m sure that it is someone I do not know. I saw an arm holding my leg that keeps pulling it. I know that it’s not his full effort because I can still oppose the “pull” but I can’t really fight back. The weird thing is, he’s not in my brother’s bed or on the top of it. He is actually below of the double-deck (below of my brother’s), he is on the floor, hiding under the deck. I know that he’s a “he” because the half of his lower body was exposed (and he is wearing khaki shorts and he has “male” legs) while his upper body is hiding under the bed. Confused? You should be! He’s hiding vertically. I concluded that he really wanted to hide only his upper body. If you’re asking “how is he pulling my leg?” if he is under the double-deck and technically, double-deck beds are high. That’s also my question. I don’t know how could it be but I am sure about what I saw. We can say that he has long arms (stretchable arms and elastic) but I don’t want to think of it because it would scare the hell out of me. I felt that his grip starting to become tighter and tighter as time passed.

The frustrating thing is, I can’t remember what happened next, right after the –pulling of my leg. But this is not yet done. The next thing I saw was light. Morning came and the scene is a confrontation. I hurriedly grabbed 3 knives and I handed it to my grandmother, and to my brother (which still I can’t see his face), one for me. We all faced the knives to the man. Yes! We have confronted the man who is pulling my leg that night. And the most terrifying thing is, I can see his face but not fully. But I know that I know him. My brother’s hand is lowering as I speak. It seemed that he’s acting strangely during the confrontation. I’m sharing my experience, all of my experience in the last three nights to my grandmother and she got to listen. But my brother is really acting strange.

That’s all I can remember, but I’m sure that something happened after that. I just can’t remember it.

Without any explanation, I also know that my brother was one of the three men he mentioned. I already know two (my brother and the one who pulled my leg) so who’s the last man?

Written 22 June 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Torpe

To the girl who caught my attention,