Self-Introduction

Hi, first of all, no one actually called me R except for one person. This person used to love me and I used to love so dearly… before. That despite who I am and what I am, she accepted me but she belongs to the past now. That’s why I finally let other people call me that way; that’s my way to remember her. But I didn’t lie when I introduced myself as the boy who stutters because obviously, I do. This was worse when I was younger. I used to say "Ma-ma-ma'am, mememe-may I go to the cr?” I had this helpless facial expression that people find difficult to see. But little did they know how difficult it was, how difficult it is to be me.

I’m not going to make this dramatic as it seems. I’m a changed person now or so I thought. I used to be depressed in high school that I isolated myself from people. I usually got anxious every time there is a reporting, recitation, or speech. Well, I still do now. I have stage fright. The idea of speaking in front and especially holding a damn mic gives me a massive tension in my chest, makes my hands wet, and takes my senses away. But I think I managed or so I thought.

Though I never used it as an excuse not to do things or to avoid progress. But of course, I don’t take every opportunity because not every opportunity is for me. It just isn’t. Who would dare to ask me to join a storytelling contest or even a speech? Who? No one. No one but me.
That’s why I’m here. That’s why I’m taking this class even I’m nervous right now, even I’m stuttering now. There are good days and bad days. What can I do? This is who I am and therefore I must accept and embrace every weakness so I can use them as my strengths.
Well, I said I wouldn’t make this dramatic but I guess life is incomplete without a little drama, don’t you think?

02 February 2019
Speech 30 - Self-introduction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Torpe

To the girl who caught my attention,

TULA: Diona-Tanaga-Haiku