An Interview with my 14-year old Self

My cousin has interviewed me for her assignment. 

1. Can you give me some background information about yourself?


I am Ace Meelan M. Balbarez, 14 yrs. Old. I am the valedictorian of my class when I graduated elementary. Right now, I am a grade 9 student at JILS. I am also the current vice president of our Student Council. 

When I was a kid, I stutter a lot, but now, I can manage and control it and that’s why I always work hard in school. When I was grade 4, I tried my best to become the top in class and I succeeded.

I have two siblings. My brother is now in college while my younger sister is still in preschool. I am a moody person, sensitive, friendly, open minded and quite smart.



2. Based on my research, you always ranked first in your class in five consecutive years, is that right? Can you tell me how did you it?


That’s right. From 4th grade until 8th grade I always ranked first in my class and I have a reputation to keep (hahahaha just joking). I don’t know what I did to keep that position (hahahaha just kidding).

Just aim high! Always do your best in everything. Work hard, be responsible, be respectful and don’t forget to be humble.



3. Can you give me more tips or techniques in studying? (More specific pieces of advice that I can use and apply in my study habits.)


Well, as what I have said: work hard and be responsible. Work hard to achieve your goals, but first, you need to set a goal before achieving it. Always think positively to get positive results. Know your priorities and obligations. Learn how to listen to your teacher while discussing. Always respect authorities and fellow students. Always put the Golden Rule in associating with other people. Time is gold so use it wisely and be humble to everyone!


4. Thank you for that Kuya Ace! My next question is what you can say to your teachers or even to your fellow students that make you a role model and an inspiration to others.

I don’t know what to say…… other people always give me feedback especially my teachers about in academics. All I can say is thank you! Thank you for making me a role model to other people. Thank you for appreciating my efforts. And thank you for knowing how I really work hard in my studies. I think that’s all.


5. What is Life?

What is Life? Life is the absence of death, right? But I will answer it in my own understanding.

Life starts when you open your eyes every morning.

Life continues when you live with it.

Life ends when you don’t know how to value it.

Life is a choice. Life is a decision to make. Life is a gift. Life is a blessing. Life is everything. Live your life each day not all at once. Forget the past. Enjoy the present and hope for the future.


6. Motto or saying in Life?

I have many mottoes in life, but here are some of my favorites: “Don’t wish for it, work for it.” “Appreciate little things today, you may not have it tomorrow.”

July 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Welcome to my Blog!