Not My Perspective

Everyone’s eyes are on you. Other people are looking at you. Their minds are thinking of you and their mouths are speaking about you. They judge without knowing, they talk without reflecting, and they understand without learning. Everyone is different. We can say that we were created equal, but we’re not. We see each other differently and our perspectives are from our point of view. But who am I in the eyes of others?

Writing others’ perspective is not easy and has never been easy. It is difficult to think about how people look at you and what they think of you, but it’s harder when you don’t even know how to look upon yourself.  I will still try my best to write others’ perspective about me from my perspective.

A serious and snob individual, an intelligent student, and a responsible teenager; the leader of the group, and the boss, that’s how they see me. That’s what I think how they look at me. How did I know? I just know it. But of course, there’s still an explanation as to how I could say these things. –Most people always get the first impression that I am snob and a very serious person; I get this a lot and I’m used to it.  –They say that I’m intelligent because that’s what they see; I’m an honor student. However, for me, I’m not really that smart; I’m just an industrious student who works hard to achieve his goal. –They say I’m the leader of the group and I’m a leader. Well, I would like to think I am. Most of the time, I considered them as compliments except for one thing. –My friends used to call me boss even I don’t want to be called by that. I just think that it’s their own way of respecting my authority.


          It’s uncommon for someone to criticize me. Though I still believe that judgments and opinions are everywhere. Other people can and might say both negative and positive things about me. People might see me in different ways, but in my case, there are things that truly suit my true character and real identity. Though there are still a few wrong conceptions and impressions about me. Needless to say, this is who I am in the eyes of others. 

- TBWS
June 11, 2015


---
This was my first entry in Creative Writing. The task was "who am I in the eyes of others?" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Welcome to my Blog!