Stranger


I was sitting on a bench in my favorite spot when a girl sat beside me. I didn’t mind her at first because I was busy looking at the view in front of me. I turned my head to see her face and learned that she was crying. 

“Miss,” I called as I offer my handkerchief. She accepted it and thanked me. 

“Are you okay?” I asked. 

She answered that she’s not fine and started to cry a little louder. 

“I just broke up with my boyfriend,” she started. 

I knew that I’m not the only one, but I loved him!” she cried. 

“December 15, it was my worst birthday. I saw him with another girl. They were eating at our favorite place. He used to surprise me with Camote cue. It’s my favorite. Damn! I miss him.” She emphasized. 

“We used to watch volleyball in his house. He said that I’m obsessed with it. I really am!” she snapped. 

I moved closer and tried to comfort her. 

“He always teases me that I’m ambitious. Well, I admit. I play volleyball and I love it. I have a dream that someday I will be the captain of a volleyball team. He said that he would definitely support me even I’m ambitious. God! What happened to us?” she asked herself. 

She continued crying like a little girl. 

“Do you love him?” I asked. 

“Of course!” she responded instantly. 

“I love him more than he loved me,” she paused. 

“My love for him didn’t change. Actually, it never changed. However, I noticed that his love for me has changed over time. Maybe he was intimidated by my two brothers and it somehow affected him and our relationship. I can’t blame my siblings though. They’re my brothers and they only want to protect me because I’m the princess. Did it really reduce his affection for me?” she wondered. 

“Or is it because of my attitude that caused him to change? Yes, I’m sensitive about most things and I get jealous easily, but if he truly loves me, he could have accepted all those flaws,” she cried heavily.

I patted her back, trying to comfort her. That’s the least I could do, I thought. She eventually leaned on my shoulder. 

“We used to share our dreams together. I want to be a flight attendant and he…” she paused for a while. 

“You know what?” she got up from leaning. 

“Why am I even doing this?” she sounded confused. 

“I don’t want to talk about him. What about you?” she asked. 

I answered and we started a conversation. She asked me and I asked her about random stuff. “She’s talkative,” I said in my mind. But that’s okay, at least she could release her hard feelings a bit. She’s very open and considerably friendly. After a long talk, she decided to cut the momentum and said goodbye. “By the way, I’m Kristine,” she finally introduced before walking away.

- TBWS
June 18, 2015


---
My second entry in Creative Writing. We were paired with someone and tasked to describe our partner or tell something about that person. 

So creatively, I made a one-shot story to describe my classmate. Her information is true (her birthday, about the camote cue, being a volleyball player and fan, brothers, etc)  except for the "boyfriend", I made that one up. But I guess she has now. (Hi, Tin!) I wonder what you have written about me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Welcome to my Blog!