MENU

You laugh at your own jokes every time
You smile like you have done a crime
And now, I don’t know what will rhyme
I just like to treat you like prime

I didn’t plan to write a poem
I just thought to make you a letter
You know, I’m being sweet here, ahem!
Can’t think of a word that sounds better

Forgive me for being like this
I know yesterday was a miss
I want to make it up to you
I wrote this poem, you have no clue

You’re the sweetest, you’re the loveliest
Yet I’m snob and no eagerness
I’m reluctant and not compulsive
Yet you’re spontaneous and expressive

I love you and this is going lengthy
Let me cut this and stop the cheesy
I love you, and yet this is not easy
I want this to sound a little breezy

Ending this with a menu
Because it has me-n-u
Lists of choices that are true

Hoping that you choose me, too.

-TBWS
November 9, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Buhay Estudyante

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema