To My Friend Whom I Lost,

This is hard for me to start. Maybe because I don’t have the guts to say these things to you. I don’t have the strength and courage to say this personally. Do you have any idea what this letter is about? I doubt you do. I just want to clear things and to make everything as clear as possible. I hope that writing this could help us both, for the greater good of course.
          We both know that something happened between our friendship though we can’t point out what exactly it was. Maybe we already know what’s the problem and it’s just that I (we) can’t accept the truth because it hurts.

Here I am, being as straightforward as I could. I don’t want to be with you anymore. Not because I dislike you or you’ve done something terrible. It’s just that I don’t want your company anymore. I just don’t feel the same way as I felt before when we’re together. Everything has changed and we both know it. With change, no one can resist it but our choices have the power to change change itself. You’ve changed so did I. I’ve changed so did you. We both know that everything is not the same as it was before and we must face and accept it.

In reading this, be open-minded. This is not yet the end but I can’t promise. We can’t be certain of the things we can’t predict. I still treasure our friendship as I treasured it before, but it’s different now. We’ve changed and we must accept it.
I’m uncertain if I really did make things clear between both of us. To be honest, I know that there’s still something I want to include but my mind won’t let me.
If you’re crying, stop. But if you don’t, I conclude that you didn’t exactly understand my message in this letter. Though, I know you. Please don’t cry because there’s no reason to. Be happy and keep being strong for yourself.
Thank you for trying your best to prevent your tears from falling every time you feel pain. Thank you for managing your ego when you feel jealous or insecure. Thank you for being strong. Thank you for holding on even I was the first one to let you go. Thank you and I'm sorry.
I don’t want to explain more because I want this to become short and also to prevent a long argument between us. Cheer up!
-from your friend who got away.




September 16, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Pagpapayaman sa Kultura at Wikang Filipino

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01