VALEDICTORY ADDRESS: 2012

Good Evening, respectable guest, Prof. Violeta V. Quintana, Mrs. Gloria N. Lontoc, the directress and principal of JILS, JILS board of directors, our beloved parents, teachers, friends, and fellow graduates, once again good evening to all of you!

Tonight, we are about to witness the ending and the new beginning of our better life. To my fellow graduates, I hope we’ll be a better person after this big memorable event.

Looking back, the six years that I spent here was so much wonderful. I saw the changes of JILS. I met new people, new classmates, and new teachers. I grew here in JILS. Here at JILS, you’re not only taught how to write essays and a paragraph, read poems, solving math equations, we learned how to share our talents and knowledge and how to be confident with it. We are molded to be a leader, a model and an inspiration to others.

I think I deserve to be the valedictorian of this class, despite the way I speak, kinaya ko pa rin. I know I did my best to make it.

Since I’m here, and this is the last na magsasalita ako, susulitin ko na po. To my friends, Joshua, thank you sa happy moments kahit madalas tayong mag-away. Kay Hanna, ang tallest girl in grade six at isa sa mga pinagkakatiwalaan ko, salamat sa extra knowledge you had shared with me. Kay Hans, na makulit kong kaibigan, magbago ka na ha? Hahahaha. Kay Ryan, ang “joker” ng klase, salamat dahil ikaw ang nagpapasaya ng buong klase, hindi ka na yata mauubusan ng joke! Kay Joshua Salazar, isa sa mga “big guys” ng klase na mahilig sa wrestling, thankful ako na nagkaroon ako ng kaibigan na tulad mo, salamat din sa extra knowledge you shared with me. Kay Mariah , na ang tawag ko ay “Fhuge”, salamat din sa pagiging mabuting kaibigan. Kay Ivana, salamat sa lahat, thank you kasi kahit tayo ang naglalaban hindi pa rin nawawala ang ating pagkakaibigan! Kay Jastin at Monica, ang dalawang magandang babae na palaging inaasar sa akin! Salamat sa lahat  ng mga kaibigan ko, kina Karl, Joshua, Joshua Salazar, Hanna, Ryan, Fhuge, Jastin, Ivana at Monica. Hindi ko na kayo babanggitin lahat basta I’m very thankful to have you guys!

To my teachers, thank you very much. I owe you a lot. You taught us very well. We learned a lot from you. Even sometimes we are very noisy, you’re very understanding and very patient. Kay Tr. Kathleen, salamat sa lahat parang classmate lang ang turingan natin sa loob ng room ad we’re sorry kung minsan hindi po nagkakaunawaan sa tuwing narereview games. Kay Tr. Tina, na favourite magpaproject, thank you kasi marami po talaga kaming natutunan sa inyo. Salamat po kasi natuto akong mag cross-stitch. Hindi ko po makakalimutan ang mga naging adviser ko dito sa JILS, Tr. Anna, Tr. Josephine, Sr. Neil, Tr. Con and Tr. Kris, Tr. Mayeth and most of all our beloved adviser Tr. Arlene na dalawang beses namin naging adviser. (May I request Tr. Arlene to please stand) Thank you very much Tr. Arlene, thanks po sa support, care and love you gave to us. We also love you. You became our second mother! (palakpakan po natin siya)

To our Alma matter, we won't forget you, never! You became our second home!

To my fellow graduates, congratulations and with this new beginning, there will be a long journey we should take to be successful! Good luck and God bless, I will surely miss you guys!

To my family, thank you for the love, care and support you gave to me. I owe you a lot. I know that you’re very supportive since then.

To our parents, this is the most joyful and wonderful gift we can give to you. Thank you very much and we know that you’re very proud of what we had accomplished.

And to our mighty God, thank you very much for this blessing you gave to us. Quoting Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”!


          Once again good evening and God bless!


ACE MEELAN M. BALBAREZ
Class Valedictorian
Batch 2012







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

TULA: Diona-Tanaga-Haiku