Blood in my Hands




I tucked my uniform and fixed my cap
I held my gun as I fill the gap
I positioned myself along the lads
I saw my fellows, are they feeling bad?

The sun was about to shine
Men and ladies formed a line
To witness a man who made a crime
True, the regime was at its prime!

The man stood with no regrets
A man yelled who was no less
Before a man of conviction and prowess
The man fell, and the crowd regrets

I fixed my arm and felt my sweat
I held myself as I heard their screams
I felt nothing and thought of none
I lived since then like I didn’t kill a man.



---
Blood in my Hands
-TBWS
June 2017

A written work in literature: create a poem using a POV of one of the soldiers who assassinated Jose Rizal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Analysis: Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [2/12]

Torpe

Cigarettes After Sex