"Hidden"

I thought it was just my imagination - or some sort of fantasy - or maybe just fiction.

But it wasn't.

It changed when I woke up one morning. At first, I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it. I mean, who would? Who would believe you have a trait of the impossible? Who would believe you were painted with a never existing color in a world of black and white? Who would believe you could see reality in more than one perspective? Just who?

How about you?

Would you believe me?

It was scary. It was new. It was also fun. It was scary because you were definitely unique from the others and you knew it yourself. You're not normal; you're not ordinary. You're not like the people around you anymore. It was new as it affects your whole life, changing your everyday one way or another, how you think, how you act; and you couldn't just control it entirely. It was fun because you experience something different, the most different among the different, and you didn't expect any of it. You could now do the things you simply wished. You can now reach the thoughts of extraordinary. And it could be done with a snap.

That's my life now.

But it was lonely. It was lonely because the only person who knows this was me and only me. Nobody else. Yes, I want to know if there are other people like me; if there are similar happenings out there but I don't want anyone to know about me. It was a huge secret to keep but a plan of revealing the truth didn't come in mind and it would never will. Avoiding that kind of thoughts was the simplest way I could think of. I wouldn't think about it unless I want the world to be more complicated than it is now. Everything comes with a price indeed because to live as a teenager discovering the wonders of life one step at a time, to be a student learning the never-ending universe little by little, and to act my age like I should be became my greatest desires.

That was why I locked it in the deepest abyss of my life.

.

.

.


I made a mistake.

---
English version of "Nakukubli", beautifully translated by my creative friend Gerrylee Soriano.
I am personally impressed by this! Thank you so much for this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Analysis: Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [2/12]

Torpe

Cigarettes After Sex