Tragically Delighted

The Third Day of the Month

You said that twice, or more than that. Though I didn't react even a little bit, I clearly knew what it means. How come I would not know? Today is the third day of the month!

But what does it mean really?
What does the third day of the month really mean?

I  told you I never celebrated with my past. I was never a fan of those conventions, or at least I wasn't always. I still let you anyway for I know that would make you happy, did it?

I never thought that today would be, if not the best, one of the best days of my life. You really succeeded in teleporting us through our childhood days - full of fun and carefree days.
Dare to be spontaneous. That's where all the fun is. 

I never expected such activity today. It sort of reminds me of how happy I was, making me realize that I was unhappy until today. You totally changed that for me.

Again, I experienced many firsts and you really seem to be fully satisfied by that. It flatters your ego so much that I can't resist it. I'll give you that, my love.

May I ask, do you have a list to accomplish or a list to list what you accomplished? Having said that, I may fail to list each thing I experienced for the first time with you - because of you. But let me try anyway.

First tour in your college
First visit to that place
First glimpse

First taste of your drink
First pick of my food
First date

First sleepover at yours
First look at mine
First cry

First purchase of fish
First animal to pet
First shop

First stare and glare
First spare and dare
First cut of hair

and a lot of first of many...

We have become someone we weren't before. Do you agree?
We have turned ourselves differently but it happens to only show who we actually are.
My flaws. Your attitude. My values. Your beliefs. 
We have the same and different wavelength which kind of entices me more over time.
We are delighted by the fact that we happened, but we are tragically delighted what can still happen?

-TBWS
July 05, 2018

Tragic and Delight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Pagpapayaman sa Kultura at Wikang Filipino

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01