Broken 12

Another chapter of my life is about to come. Another year full of lessons and mistakes, failures and progress, and happiness and sadness. It’s guaranteed. The New Year had begun and I have a long journey ahead. I have new goals to set. These are the things I wish to happen this year:

- Before January ends, I need to clean the mess I made.

- By February, I need to stop being a jerk.

- When March comes, I want to make my parents proud again.

- When summer approaches, I hope to learn an instrument.

- Before the summer ends, I wish to finish my book.

- Before June starts, I have to decide what path to take in life.

The first half of the year is affirmative. I can possibly guarantee those things, but I can’t for the other half. I don’t know the half of it. I lost my plans. I lost my purpose. I wanted to stop my schooling. I am unsure if I still want to continue. I might be ruining my future now from the decisions I’m making. I know that I will regret this, but that’s what it is.

Being a realist is both a good thing and a bad thing. You know what reality really is yet you don’t know how to deal with it rightly.

Just because someone stumbles their way doesn’t mean they are lost forever. -Charles Xavier, X-men

-TBWS
January 6, 2016
Creative Writing: What are your plans for the whole year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Welcome to my Blog!