Timing Wronged Us

“I love you and it is okay if you don’t love me back,” she uttered those sincere words as her tears filled her cheeks. I was speechless for a moment, didn’t know what to respond, wasn’t even sure whether I should reply. But I surely remember I told her that I am sorry before our discourse ended. It was painful indeed, and that memory just won’t go away. That was the day someone has confessed her feelings to me for the first time – with courage and bravery. It was an experience I won’t fail to recall.

We were classmate for seven years, but we didn’t become close until I started hanging out with her group of friends. She’s shy, smart, and modest. I was attracted to her; her personality enticed me. The thing is, I didn’t have the courage to admit it. Oh man! Only if you knew how our classmates teased us together, you would mistake us as lovers. I realized now that we were, but back then I wasn’t sure whether she liked me or whether she even knew I liked her. How cliché that may sound, I believe timing wronged us. The time when I decided to just move on from my feelings was the time I felt she has feelings for me. It just happens that I already opened my heart to others when I already closed my heart from her.


We are a couple that never happened. People have found us as a romantic item before, but that’s not the way things went. I loved someone else and I never, never intended to hurt her for it was her best friend. How could it be more cliché? Now I come to realize that clichés are as bad as I thought they are. Never have I imagined I would be in this situation, but honestly, I didn’t think I was as it happened. Now that I am only recalling things, I realized that I have been in a cliché one. 


01.26.17
-TBWS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Torpe

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Alter 100 [8/12]