Autobiography 2015


          Writing here and looking back, I don’t know how and where to begin. Let’s start with myself and my family. My parents gave me the name of “Ace Meelan” and until now, I didn’t bother to ask where it came from and how did they came up with such name. I live with my family. I have two siblings; namely, Aura Meeko and Aleszandra Meekaella. My brother is now in college while I’m only a ninth-grade student and my younger sister is just in kindergarten. Have you noticed anything about our names? They all have the initials of A and M which also came from the combined initials of our parents, Alex and Melody.
          February 07. It’s a very special day for me. You want to know why? It’s my birthday! Of course, everyone’s birthday is very special for everybody. In 15 years of existence, there’s an unforgettable thing I won’t fail to recall. It’s when I forgot my birthday! It’s pretty silly and unbelievable, right? Does anyone have ever forgotten the date of their birthday? It happened to me when I’m turning 12. I would never know that it was my birthday if my friend didn’t bother to greet me. He greeted me in a very loud voice that he got the attention of the whole class. And at that moment, I didn’t know what to feel and what to say. I just took a nap and cried and realized that it was my birthday! The whole class knew that I forgot it, that I didn’t remember that it was my birthday.
          Agnostic. I could and might consider myself as one. We have a Catholic family but everyone has their own views and beliefs. Well, I’m still young and I still have time to wonder, I guess. Being uncertain about something is usually because we are curious beings.
          Ace! They say my name fits me. I excel in school. I’m a consistent honor student when I was in grade school and graduated as the valedictorian of my class. Until now, I am an active student in my school. I’m an officer of our school’s Student Council for three years. I love to join various activities at school. I love dancing and I don’t have the voice to sing. I want to be good at something I really wanted to do. I’m striving hard to achieve what I want but I don’t want to force myself to do things I’m not supposed to do and things that are not meant for me.



 The Boy who Stutters. That’s what I call myself. Yes, I stutter. I have been stammering since when I was a child. My family tried their best to give me a normal childhood but it didn’t stop the people to laugh and criticize me. I have considered it as a disorder; technically, it’s a disability but I don’t have the reason to be ashamed of it. However, there comes a time when I want to be normal, not because I’m describing my condition as a disorder. I want to speak normally not because I’m envious. It is because I want to use my knowledge to teach others. I want to share what I know. I want to help people. Because I think I have so much to give and so much to share. I’m not perfect, nobody is. I don’t know everything but I do know one thing; “if you have that one thing that most people need, never hesitate to share it.” This is from my speech about my condition, stuttering. About TBWS
          A leader, a writer, a filmmaker, and a stutterer, that’s what I usually type down on description boxes in some social networking sites. I’m a leader of the group, they told me because I act one. I’m a writer. I love to write nonfictional articles. My teacher noted that I have a vibrant imagination and I excel in creative writing. I am currently writing a fictional novel. I really like sci-fi and fantasy movies. I’m not bibliophilic but sometimes I enjoy reading fantasy stories online, especially a story with supernatural abilities and powers. Not a filmmaker but I want to be. I desire to make films. I like directing and editing. And someday, I want to film my very own story when I’m done writing it and when the right time comes.
          My life isn’t unique as it seems but it is somehow an extraordinary story. It is a story of a life that starts simply and will end remarkably. I’m just a typical boy who has dreams, ambitions, and hopes. I want to be remembered by the people closest to me. I want to be recalled as a role model for other people. I want it that way because I really want to give inspiration to others. Helping is a natural thing with me and I can’t explain why. Is it because of the feelings I feel after helping? Is it the recognition I receive from the other people that push me to do it? Or is it just my habit to help people without asking anything in return? I have a good and a bad side, everybody has. As time passes, I know that I will understand life. I know that someday, I can finally understand my purpose and I know that someday, I can fully understand myself!


-TBWS
January 28, 2015

Written 3 years ago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of Bañamos Festival of Los Baños, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Kalamidad Paghandaan; Gutom at Malnutrisyon Agapan

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Torpe

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Alter 100 [8/12]