Courage

I learned to take 20 seconds of courage to do something. It works; every time I feel unsure and I lack strength, I’m going to count 20 seconds before having courage to do it. 

The thing that I have observed from people is that they lack courage. Most people are not courageous enough to do what they want, to speak what they wish, and to take what they need. Does not having courage show cowardice? If it does, then we are all cowards. 

We are likely to miss the chance because we don’t have the courage to take it. We are likely to miss the opportunities because we are not courageous enough to seize it. That’s the thing about us, we are more likely to regret the things we didn’t do over the things we did. Why? It is simply because we didn’t take the courage we need to do things. 


Do you know what we lack? It’s the will to do something. We lack it, that’s why we miss things. At the end of the day, we blame ourselves. “Why didn’t I do this and that?” “Did I just miss that?” “Why have I not done something about it?” We put the blame to ourselves because we know we’re the ones who let the chances and opportunities pass, we’re the ones who didn’t act upon things, and we’re the ones who “choose” not to do anything about it. What is left to blame is our lack of will and courage. 

What if I acted? What if I had the courage to do it? What if I was more courageous to accept the consequences, to face trials, and to fight for it? What if…?


- TBWS

October 12, 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwala

The Historical Origin and Cultural Implications of BaƱamos Festival of Los BaƱos, Laguna

Pabula: Ang Dalawang Magkaibigang Daga

Emerging Filipino Indie Genre in the Philippine National Cinema

Pagsulat sa Filipino - Lakbay-Sanaysay

Torpe

Bar Boys (2017): A Movie Review

Alter 100 [8/12]

Wala ka pa sa realidad #01

Welcome to my Blog!